Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year's Meme

I know, another list. But I'm trying to get motivated to post, without luck, and this seemed kind of fun. Feel free to cut and paste (like I did) and do it yourself! (edit Jan 9: date fix: didn't even notice I copied 2007 instead of 2008...! Still in denial apparently:)

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?

I went sea kayaking in the actual sea.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
 My usual resolution is the vague, "experience more joy." That's not something you can really control, but I'm trying it again this year. Fair to middlen last year. My most major resolution is to once and for all pay off my credit card debt.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
 My brother/sis in law, and one of my closest friends, Marci.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
 No.
5. What countries did you visit? None, I guess. (but Western TX did seem like another world).
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
 A relationship.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? November 4!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
 Running my department at work in the absence of my colleague and then getting a promotion.
9. What was your biggest failure?
 Saving money.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
 No, thank goodness!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
 I guess it was a new computer-- or a new bed--or two beautiful etchings (yeah, workin' on that credit card debt) :)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
 my very supportive mother, and my PKD
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
 a friend who seems to think she's still in high school
14. Where did most of your money go?
 mortgage/credit card debt/school loans
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
 my trip to Marfa, TX
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
 "I Feel it All" (Feist)
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
 a) happier or sadder? 
b) thinner or fatter? 
c) richer or poorer?
 probably about the same: not too happy, not too sad, I'm slightly thinner since going off hormones, I'm slightly more flush since my promotion
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
 traveled for pleasure
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
 sitting at my computer on weekends
20. How did you spend Christmas?
 with family in the Midwest
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
 well.....
22. What was your favorite TV program? oh, those mad mad men
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
 I feel bad saying I hate her cause she's just so pathetic. (ffft ffft, rreeerrr!)
24. What was the best book you read?
 Sebastian Faulk's Birdsong
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
 Feist
26. What did you want and get?
 a really pretty new winter coat
27. What did you want and not get?
 an ip.hone
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
 totally blanking; the only thing that comes to mind is WALL--E
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
 37; I got a facial and a pedicure at a nice spa. I went to work.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
 having a boyfriend to spend the holidays with would've been really really nice. Yeah, I'm still there.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
 spend more money on fewer things and make 'em special. Thus the cc debt.
32. What kept you sane?
 my kitty
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
 Obama!
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
 the Palin phenomenon. Wha??
35. Who did you miss?
 my friends in SF and NY
36. Who was the best new person you met?
 definitely my internet friends
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
 take a friend to the hospital with you when undergoing invasive test procedures
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "She gonna put, sugar on my tongue. She gonna, gimme gimme gimme some." (talking heads).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you lose a year? ;)